Sunday, November 17, 2013

Successful Book Review Blogging: #1. Choose a memorable title

A new feature of this blog is Reviews by Ranpo, which will be an extended course in how to write book reviews.

1. If you're going to start up a blog for book reviews - and why shouldn't you? - make sure you choose a memorable name.

Edogawa Ranpo is the Japanese way of saying Edgar Allan Poe. I can't remember how I learned that - I think I was reading some history of the mystery genre book...

Now, by rights I should save this name for a blog that focuses on reviews of mysteries, but I like it so I'm going to use it for this teaching project, in which I'll write reviews of all books that catch my fancy.

It's memorable because it's alliterative: Reviews by Ranpo. Alliterative names are always popular and easy to remember.

And the name under which I'll sign all my posts, Edogawa Ranpo, is "exotic" and also easily memorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment