Monday, January 13, 2014

Video Marketing

I am a fan of the detective novels of Georgette Heyer. (I have to admit I've never gotten into her regency romances - her main body of work and what she is celebrated for - but then I don't read romances as a rule.).

I've been exploring ways of how to create videos on YouTube to help build up my portfolio (and also to market some of my income-stream projects.

Here's an example of video annotation.

Footsteps in the Dark, Heyer's first detective novel, was published in 1932. As such, there's about 80 years worth of slang and mores that separate that novel from today.

What's an approach course, for example? What is stamp paper? What are Holyrood (as opposed to Holy Rood) and Hampton Court?

If you like mysteries, if you like learning about the past, check out what I call Dated Death: Footsteps in the Dark (Chapter 1).

No comments:

Post a Comment